With only 4 ingredients and minimal time to prepare, these marzipan truffles are a winning little sweet treat that can be whipped up in minutes! You can make a batch and keep them in the fridge. I would advise making double… they won’t last long!
make time: 20 mins (with 30 minutes setting time) yield: 10 truffles
- 100g/1 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 Tsp almond extract
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 100g good quality dark chocolate (I like to use the Green & Blacks 70% cocoa)
- Blend the almonds, honey and almond extract in a food processor until combined.
- Divide the mixture into 10. Roll and compress in between the palm of your hands to form small balls. Refrigerate for a couple of hours or put in the freezer for 30 mins. They just want to feel slightly firm to the touch, don’t let them freeze.
- Remove from fridge or freezer. Break up the chocolate into a heat proof bowl and using the double boiler method, gently melt the chocolate until it has a shine.
- Once melted through, carefully dip the truffles one at a time and fully coat with the chocolate. You can use to skewer or a fork to do this.
- Place the coated truffles on a plate and pop in the fridge. Enjoy at your own leisure!