prep time: 25 minutes cook time: 10-15 minutes yield: roughly 30 cookies
- 90g / 1 cup rolled oats
- 45g / ½ cup oat flour
- 50g / ½ cup ground almond
- 50g / ¼ cup coconut palm sugar
- 100g / 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cardamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 250 / 1 cup unsalted peanut butter (you can use crunchy or smooth. I used crunchy!)
- 50g / ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 85g / ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 flax or eggs (ground flax or ground chia and water – see method)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°/160° fan/gas 4. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Start by making the flax or chia eggs. Using a whisk, mix together 2 tablespoons of ground flax/chia with 6 tablespoons of water. Set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients making sure they’re all combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients and then add this to the dry mix. Combine together with a spatula until it’s well incorporated.
- Spoon roughly 2 tablespoons of the mixture and between your palms roll into a rough ball. Place on the lined baking tray and press down gently with a fork until it forms a cookie shape. Repeat this process until you’ve used up all the mixture. It should make around 30 cookies!
- Place in the oven for around 10-12 minutes until they start to turn a light golden brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack. They’re delicious warm or cold. These cookies will keep for up to a week in an airtight container. Enjoy!