How beautiful are these purple rainbow carrots?! When roasted, the sweetness of this root veg really comes through and is perfectly complemented by the tangy tahini mint dressing. It’s such a simple dish to make and makes a wonderful side accompaniment to many meals. If you can’t get your hands on purple carrots, the regular orange variety will work too. Enjoy!
prep time: 10 minutes cook time: 45 minutes serves: 4-6
- 8 medium carrots ~ cut in half lengthways
- ¼ cup hazelnuts ~ chopped
- Olive oil
for the dressing
- 1 clove of garlic
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 25 mint leaves (keep a few back for garnish)
- 4 Tbsp filtered water
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- ¼ Tsp Himalayan salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 190°/fan 170°/gas 5
- Lightly coat the carrots in olive oil and place in an oven-proof dish or baking tray. In a separate dish, add the chopped hazelnuts. Place in the oven and roast the hazelnuts for 10-15 minutes and the carrots for 40-45 minutes, turning half way.
- To make the dressing, place all the ingredients in a high speed blender and whizz up until blended to a smooth consistency. Add a little more water if needed.
- To serve, spread the carrots out on to a serving platter and spoon over the dressing. Then top with the roasted hazelnuts and some finely chopped mint.